Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

5 axis testimonials

PE @ IHS

Hello Folks

I realize that this question has been asked before by others, but how has your Mastercam been for simultaneous 5 axis machining of complex parts? This info is needed to encourage a local company to choose Mastercam for their new Deckel. There are local companies that I can use as references, but it would be interesting to hear the opinions users in other areas.

Please leave your name and company info (if possible) to ensure legitimacy.

I appreciate your assistance

Peter Eigler

[ 12-14-2002, 01:35 PM: Message edited by: Peter E ]

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

If you would like a reference, I would be willing to vouch for Mastercam's superiority for 5 Axis. One problem though, I will not put my company name and contact info for all to see. All I need is some sales lurker to be contacting me nonstop for stuff I don't even want or need or worse yet, somebody that has a tiff on the forum because of something I sad or didn't say, no thanks. E-mail me privately and I'll give you that information if you like.

[ 12-14-2002, 02:14 PM: Message edited by: James Meyette ]

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

Where I currently work we use Mastercam for everything from flat gasket type parts, vacuum form tools to complex 5 axis patterns for layup of aircraft interior parts, like galleys, lavatories, windowframes, etc.... It does it all and without a hitch. I've been using MC since Version 3 and almost every day since Version 6. I wish I could post some of our work but it's a no-no. We make Passenger Seats for Aircraft. Mostly for commuter/business jets. We have 8 seats of Mastercam here in the building(s) and so far there has been nothing that we've run into that we cannot accomplish quickly and efficiently.