Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Anilam post question...

Stephen

The standard Anilam post MPAN113X.pst(conversational language output) that is included with version 8 is outputting single and double spaces throughout the program on a 3300MK controller. Is there a easy way to modify the post for no spaces to appear in the finished code?

Do MC8 posts also work for the Router version?

On the Tool Parameters page of your toolpaths, make sure you have Seq. Start and Seq Inc. set both to 1. I think the default in MC was 10 if I remember correctly. I used to get the space inbetween lines in my progs too (after V7) until I changed this.

The post was set to default "0" for spaces between blocks and I also made the tool parameters changes but,

I still get the same code with to many spaces. Here is a sample of the output:

Rapid Z 0.0000

X 0.0000 Y 0.0000

Tool# 3

Rapid X-0.3101 Y-6.3634

Rapid Z 0.1000

Line Z-0.0286 Feed 6.4

X-0.3406 Y-6.3273

X-0.3668 Y-6.2881

X-0.3883 Y-6.2467

Any other ideas or do I need a better post than the one supplied?

Thank you for the suggestions.

Hello Stephen...

What are you using to edit the g-code? Don't take that the wrong way, I just opened clearance plane.mc8 from the 2-d samples directory and it looked fine. I used the default post you are using and had the Cimco editor bring up the g-code for editing. Here's what it looks like:

*CLEARANCE_PLANE

Dim Abs

Tool# 0

Rapid Z 0.0000

X 0.0000 Y 0.0000

Tool# 1

Rapid X-6.0000 Y 0.5000

Rapid Z 2.0000

Z 0.1000

Line Z-0.1917 Feed 24.4

X-6.2500

Arc Ccw X-6.7500 Y 0.0000 XCenter-6.2500 YCenter 0.0000

Line Y-1.2500

Arc Ccw X-6.5000 Y-1.5000 XCenter-6.5000 YCenter-1.2500

Line X-5.5000

Note: When I previewed this reply the lines are compressed. The actual output shows type of move on the left and then the position values are aligned in a column two spaces to the right.

It's just an idea, but I have seen other editors put control characters into programs. The other thing is to make sure you have all the updates for V8. Your re-seller will help you get the latest post executable and make sure your particular system is up to date for what you are using.

HTH...

Stephen:

I worked on one of these posts awhile back. I found the same problem. However, the fix required a little work. What I found was there are blank lines inserted through out the post. I also found that there were blank spaces inserted in front of or behind words like rapid, X, and Y in their format statements. You will have to go through you output and find each instance of extra spacing and find the line of post code that creates it and edit it. It’s not that hard but just a little work. Good luck.

Pactec,

I'll have to try what you did as a test.

I'm using the CIMCO editor also. The code looks the same in the editor on the PC as well as in the controller after I download it. My hunch is it's a post issue as others have suggested. Not sure why it worked for you.

Funny, but not ha-ha funny. Alls I did was open Mcam8.1.1 and then the file, ran the post and reported back to you. I had never used the post and so it was for sure the default Anilam post you are using. What I think it may be is the post executable. Do you have the last one for V8?

If you look at the post it has a command that's called "padspc" this is where the post adds spaces to the program. What do you need to see in your output? Edit the post and search for "psof", here you'll see something that looks like; " "

this is a series of spaces inserted into the code. This is all over the post so I assume it's necessary for the machine. Look also at that "padspc" command.

Also, also, look at this site for post executables and make sure you're using the one right for your version.

HTHALF

Zero,

Your post gives me exactly what I was after. With 5oo lines of finished code with my post, yours reduced the same tool path to 255 lines. Almost half of my old code was blank spaces!

I compared the two posts for about a half hour and gave up. They are very similar, but I wouldn't recognize the difference between the two if I was staring right at it, since I am not a post expert or amateur for that matter.

I thank all of you for the excellent input...Steve cheers.gif