Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

toolchange post question

Eric S.

Hello all

I am a mill guy trying to edit a post for our Hardinge GT. I have been working on the mplfan post and am getting close to what I need but I can not figure out the tool call up. The post currently has a tool and offset # (eg. T0202) and I am trying to get rid off the offset and be just left with the tool # (eg. T02) with only 2 digits.

thanks.

Eric

Eric...

Look for this command in your post:

toolno = t * 100 + tloffno

Take it from here, there are a few of them. Play with it to get the correct output. Also look at how the tool is formatted, in your case:

fmt T 7 toolno #Tool number

the Format statement is 7 which if you look for:

fs2 7 4 0 4 0l #Integer, force four leading.

All of these go together to output your tool numbers.

Didn't I tell you you'll be having some fun?

Take care, see you in a couple of weeks.

Chris

Well I do not program or run the machine (just trying to make a good post for it), but I'm told that when you call up the tool the control automatically uses the same offset # as the tool.

confused.gif It made me wonder too but it works! confused.gif

[ 01-10-2003, 04:56 PM: Message edited by: Eric Sman ]

Hi Chris,

Since I also program the Hardinge GT (Gang Tool as you said) I will answer for Eric. (with luck he won't throw something over the Haas, clearing the Mori SL200SMC, and hitting me on the back of the head) biggrin.gif

On the GT there is no need to call up a tool as there is no turret to rotate into position. We are actually just calling up the tool's offset (geometry and wear) number that tells the control, where on the top plate the tool is located. We can slide tools along the top plate into any position and give it any offset number we want.

Hope that is what you were asking.

Phil

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

quote:

Mori SL200SMC

VERY nice machine. We have an SL-153MC and it's the $#!+ !!!! Only three things would make it better, bigger, Y axis, and a Sub-Spindle, such as an SL-200SY, that would so the trick nicely. I'm done hijacking the thread now and I'm off to the next one. biggrin.gif