Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Importing from Rhinocerous

md

When I import solid's from Rhinocerous and create edg crvs they are all splines so I Cnv to arcs.

Then I still have alot of splines so I Spl to arcs

Now I have a **** load of small arcs. line's that should be horizontal or vertival are 180.0012 deg

or 89.9925 deg. Lines that should be the same top and bottom one might be 90. the other depth 89.0245. There are no draft angles. What am I doing wrong or is there a another way?

Thanks.

Use toolpath contour and window all the splines. Turn off Clearance and Retract planes. Set feedplane and depth to 0 incremental. Turn off compensation and leadins, Turn on the arc filter.

Then backplot with save geometry turned on onto a separate level. Then Delete all color 14. The resulting geometry will be arcs and lines.

quote:

Mastercam Direct

Mastercam Direct is a suite of Add-in DLL’s for popular CAD products like Solid Edge ®, SolidWorks ®, and Autodesk Inventor ™. These easy to install, and use, Add-ins act as a means to launch Mastercam directly from within each of these products, loading the current active part file into Mastercam so toolpaths can be produced. In the process of loading files directly into Mastercam, users can also import toolpath operations that exist in older revisions, or other parts, directly into the geometry.

I can't explain better than MasterCam.

BTW-Mastercam Direct would do the same thing as you did. I think Mr.Glenn Bouman's way might do the job. Have you tried it? Was it working? Please let us know.

Hope this will help.

David

Thanks for your reply. I tried the toolpath thing no splines but some lines that should be straight had 995.99 Rad ect. Lines that should be the same top to bottom are not. This is a big problem because I have top and bottom parts that is male and female with little to no clerance .

Have you tried converting to any other file types? I always export from Rhino as either a Mastercam or Alias style igs. Always works good for me.....I know they'll be surfaces and not solids, but whatever works right?

[ 01-23-2003, 09:07 AM: Message edited by: Zero ]

Ezra

I tried exporting as dxf, igs, dwg, they were worse than solidworks. When I exported dxf,iges,and dwg I tried changing export options such as meshes or curves ect. that was the worst.Realy big files lots of junk.

Thanks md

As soon as I bring an IGES (or import anything with surfaces, for that matter) into mastercam, I convert it into a solid..SOLIDS - NEXT MENU - FROM SURFACES. It makes selecting some geometry for toolpaths a lot easier, and working with the part in general. I've found that it will see things in solids as a curve more readily (g02/g03), better than wireframe's splines and such...worth a try to see what happens...?

my 2 cents. rolleyes.gif