Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

CPU usage with Router 8.1

Mike Annetts

Hello-Whenever I start Router my cpu usage 100% and the programs realy drags along. Files take forever to get, display, etc. tried to change the allocations under config with no affect. Reinstalled the program with no change. Computer is a pent 3 450 with 128 ram with about 6 gig left free on the hardrive. It was just reformated and installed with win 2000. Seems to run fine with other programs such as office. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Mike

MIke,

I'm assuming you are running W2000.

Rightclick My Documents then click Advanced/

Perfomance Options. Make sure Applications

is checked instead of Background Services.

That should improve the performance somewhat.

The CPU useage will always show 100% but it isn't really true. A search of this forum will give you a more technical answer. It has been discussed

many times on this forum. Some more RAM couldn't hurt, but 128mg should be OK as long as your MC files don't get too complex.

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

The reason in a nutshell and less that 75 words is as follows;

MC is a legacy DOS product shoehorned (Quite nicely too I might add...) into a Windows Environment, and as such it is constantly "polling" hardware (asking "did the mouse move, did the mouse move, did the mouse move???". The CPU "sees" this as CPU activity. So in conclusion, the CPU is falsly (is that a word?) reporting that it is at 100% usage.

HTH

[ 01-20-2003, 03:28 PM: Message edited by: James Meyette ]