Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

c-hook not found

David Eno

I have a c-hook that runs on some computers and not on others. On the machines that it doesn't run on, a 'CHOOK NOT FOUND' message is displayed when the user tries to run the c-hook, even though the dll is obviously there.

Does anyone know what's going on here? Thanks for your input.

Dave

When you use Alt+C does this error come up? if so - Check that the paths are set up correctly to look in the proper directories. I would use setdirs.dll to help.

If the proper directory is opening and you can't find the proper file after selecting it... Good luck! (perhaps there is someone else that could help here)

PDG,

The c-hook doesn't rely on any other DLLs.

I'm using Visual Studio 6 SP5. I created the c-hook initially by running a c-hook wizard from CNC Software. I haven't had any problems in the past with this wizard.

This c-hook has its own dialog box, as opposed to using the menu. Don't know if that should matter or not. I'm kind of making educated guesses (waving a dead chicken in front of the computer) at this point.

Thanks for your help. Hopefully a lightbulb will go off soon.

Dave

This is a c-hook that I am developing. I have found what may be a dependency error. The c-hook in question depends on mfc42d.dll, which doesn't exist on a computer that the c-hook won't run on.

What's the best way to make the c-hook not depend on that file? or any other DLL for that matter?

I'm fairly new to Visual C++ and its 'personalities', but I've written programs for 20 years.

Thanks for you input.

D

Some progess! Thanks for your suggestions! The DLLs for this c-hook appear to be in order now.

But there's another issue. Now the c-hook is unable (or unwilling) to display the operation manager. I've used both 'OpMgr()' and 'operation_manager(,OPMGR_EDIT,,).' Both of these commands would work when the c-hook was in Debug mode. The c-hook runs as if the Ops Mgr. was displayed and then closed.

Any suggestions? Thanks.

Dave