Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Searching the Forum.

Hugh.Venables

I would like to be more successful at searching the Forum. My first problem is when I click on search the result is a completely blank page with "document done" at the bottom of the page just to rub it in. Is this just me? Any ideas?

It hasn't always been like this, at times I have been able to search. But I'm not sure what can be searched for. Can I search just for subject (topic) or can I search for something in the message. I presume I would have to match the subject with my search and would like to point out that as a subject "Help" is not very useful.

There has been lots of useful discussion on computer specifications for successful Mastercam use but I doubt that I could find many of them which is a shame because I should probably be thinking about a new computer. Somewhere on the forum where computer dummies like me could go to for current hardware/software recommendations would be very useful.

Thanks, Hugh.

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

G'day Hugh,

I went to the "search" link above for "Hardware". it turned up about 30-40 (I confess I did not count them) topics where this word is used. With that said, my suggestion is to leave the deafults and just put the word(s) you're looking for. Remember, it will find every topic where that word is used so it may take some time. You can limit where it searches (I always limit to Mastercam Forum).

HTH

Ooops, almost forgot, here's the link you're looking for about hardware reccommendations(sp?).

Discussion about Hardware.

[ 02-11-2003, 05:24 AM: Message edited by: James Meyette ]

Thanks James,

I'm still getting a blank page from clicking "search" at the top of this page. Not sure what to do about this.

I presume from what you say that we can only search the topic, not inside the message. So in the case of the "hardware" search, if someone put up a topic of "Help" which led to some useful hardware discussion the information could not be searched for. Am I right?

Thanks for the link to the hardware recommendations. It's amazing what's around that a bloke never knows about.

Cheerio, Hugh.

quote:

I presume from what you say that we can only search the topic, not inside the message. So in the case of the "hardware" search, if someone put up a topic of "Help" which led to some useful hardware discussion the information could not be searched for. Am I right?

No

I put "hardware" into the search words box and selected "search entire message" and received about 150 hits. This method returns posts with the word "hardware" in them, regardless of the thread title.

Hope this helps you

C

[ 02-11-2003, 07:14 AM: Message edited by: chris m ]