Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Op Mngr ID No. in post?

Altek

Does any one know of a variable I can use in my post to get the Operations Manager op ID number?

I would like to be able to identify operation numbers that have particular errors when I post.

The best I have come up with so far is a counter. But this fails to report the correct # if you don post all your ops.

There are two variables, op_id and op_id_no – but neither of these are the operation number that is displayed when you look at the op mngr. In mcam.

Any suggestions welcome,

Thanks.

Actually I am using V9.0SP1. I thought at first the op_id variable was the answer, but I found as I added operations that had multiple depths of cut, and drilling cycles the number reported by op_id grew substantially higher than the operations manager number.

Try putting the counter calls in the tool change routine that is labled "Tool number repeats". (a null tool change, I beleive) I don't have a post here, but I believe that will prevent the "depth cuts" and "multiple passes" from be counted. I'll look in to it tomarrow if you haven't figured it out yet.

Another option might be to use the operation comments as a trigger, or even the counter, by putting certain text in them. In my posts, the operation comment is only output once for each operation. Secondary cuts only contain the "exagerated" op id numbers and tool data.

HTH

'Rekd

Altek,

Youa re correct that the op_id value doesn't match the value displayed in the op manager, especially once you start to re-arrange ops, add or delete.

You can still use op_id to trigger your counter. Make sure you force update op_id (!op_id) in the toolchange postblocks (psof, ptlchg & ptlchg0) near the end of the postblock. Then you can check the current value of op_id with prv_op_id and if they are different increment your counter. OP_ID should only change when there is an actual change in operaitons. This should keep your counter in check with the actual operation being processed.

Give this a try and it should work out for you.

I've uploaded a sample post to the emastercam FTP site in "Text_&_post_files_&_misc"

The file to retrieve is -> MP_OP_IP.ZIP

The ZIP contains the MP_OP_ID.PST, an altered version of the MP_EZ.PST, plus a sample NC output file (generated using Mill v9.0SP1).

If you post ( with FASTMODE : NO ) you will see diagnostics output showing the values you are working with.

Search for "REV_OP_ID" in the PST to locate the required post lines

[ 02-14-2003, 10:14 AM: Message edited by: Roger Martin from CNC Software ]

I screwed up above when I said there was another var. called op_id_no, op_id_no was one I made. I ended up using it in a counter like this.

popnumber #MC Operations Manager OP No. Counter

if op_id <> op_id_no,

[

op_id_no = op_id

opnumber = opnumber + 1

]

For the most part this will give me what I want.

Thanks for everyones help.

[ 02-14-2003, 10:14 AM: Message edited by: Altek ]