Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Dimensioning Metric and English units

MBMX

I am making a shop drawing for a new part that we just got in. The print we were provided with is metric and I would like to display both types of units on the dimensions. Is there a way to display both metric and enlish units for the dimensions? I have looked all over the globals menu and I can't find anything.

If there is a way to do this could someone please let me know. Or if there isn't is there some kind of shortcut that I could use. Right now it looks like I just have to switch from metric to english config and double dimension.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

MBMX,

As of right now, Mcam will only dimension in one type of unit at one time. The only thing I suggest as a quick fix is to edit the text of the dim. as you're creating it. After you've selected the points or geometry you're dimensioning, type the letter "T" on the keyboard before locating the text of the dimension. This will open the Text Dialog, where you can change the text to suit your needs. HTH biggrin.gif

You could dimension in the units thoe part was sent to you in. Then you could dimension it again, but go into the globals and on the dimension attributes tab there is a scale factor.

Enter the correct scaling factor, in this case .03937 to change the metric dimension to english and dimension the drawing again.

Hi MBMX

Draw your part to size,demention your part normaly for you and copy them to a solo layer, and shut that layer off. Go back to the orginal dementions and change the color,and in multi-edit with globals set to 25.4 to vert them to metric.Now your can multi edit the leaders off of one of them .

Do you ride BMX ??

Hey Scott,

Thanks for the help. I do indeed ride BMX. I used to race at Chandler BMX. But now I mostly ride skateparks. BMX is probably the main reason why I'm in this industry. I got interested after reading an article in the BMX'er that mentioned CNC machines. So now I work at a machine shop and I've been asked to be the "parts guy" for a fledgling parts and accessories company. Right now I'm working on a stem design that I hope to make real soon. It's nice to be able to do something I like.