Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Wireframe 2d Swept

Matthew

Could someone please take a look at the file "WIREFRAME 2DSWEPTMATT.zip" in the MC8 folder on the FTP Site.

I am trying to do a 2d swept toolpath to mill the blue surface using the two green lines as along and across contours. I can get to cut properly, but is is cutting along the X axis (180-0 degrees). I would prefer it cut along the Y axis (270-90 degrees), but when I switch the order of the chains to get this result, it also offsets the toolpath either + or - depending on which way I have compensation set. Any suggestions?

I am using Mill V8.1.1 Level 1.

Matt,

I have added a zip file called TRY_THIS to the FTP site, take a look and see if it is of any use.

Guy makes a very good point, if you look in the side view you will notice that your tool path is off the surface you want to machine.

[ 02-28-2003, 04:34 AM: Message edited by: Alan S ]

Alan,

I tried your file. If you notice the direction of the cut for the operation you added, I am trying it to go perpendicular to that. But everytime I chain it that way, or change the order of the chains, it offsets the toolpath .125". I did look at the part from the side view, and the green arc follows the blue surface exactly.

Jay,

I looked at your file. I am trying to get it to go in the direction opposite to what you have. I seem to have no problem doing what you have done, but when I try the other direction it offsets the toolpath (usually away from the surface, but I have had it offset into the surface by messing around with along & across comps).

Thanks,

so matt you want it to start at the smaller end of the blue surface and go in "X" to the bigger part of of the blue surface? or ar you saying you want the cut to start in the lower right hand corner and move in "Y" in a postive move up & down.

if you want any of those I have already had that and chnged to what I had now.

Let me know.

I am trying to get the cutter to start at point

x-7.13002 y2.12443 z .16245

move in the y direction to point

x-7.13002 y6.12820 z-.36464

and then step over x.005 until it reaches point

x-4.68858 y6.12820 z-.36464

Does that make sense? I might be confusing it even more!! Let me know, Thanks.

That is what I am looking for. I noticed you changed the tip comp to center, and sync option to "by entity". I changed my tip comp (I was sure I tried this before I posted!) and left sync option and I then got the same result that you did.

Thank-you very much for your help!