Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

INVISIBLE ENTITIES

Dan Schnars

I'VE GOT A STRANGE ONE HERE. I AM USING MILL VERSION 9, AND I HAVE SOME OLD VERSION 7 (MC7) PARTS I'M TRYING TO UPDATE. (THE GENTLEMAN THAT WROTE THESE FILES IS NOT HERE ANY MORE) I CAN OPEN THEM WITH MC9 WITH NO PROBLEM, I JUST CAN'T SEE ANY OF THE ENTITIES, SOLIDS, NOTHING. THE LEVEL MANAGER SAYS THE LEVELS HAVE ENTITIES ON THEM AND I'VE GOT THEM CHECKED TO BE VISIBLE BUT I STILL CAN'T SEE THEM. I'VE TRIED BLANK / UNBLANK, I'VE TRIED HIDE / UNHIDE. IF I HIT ALT S LIKE IM TURNING ON A SOLID, I CAN SEE THE GEOMETRY FOR A SPLIT SECOND THEN ITS GONE AGAIN. THIS IS WEIRD. ANYBODY HAVE ANY IDEAS? THANKS IN ADVANCE. eek.gif

I TURNED ON LAYER FOR LAYER, DID THE FIT TO SCREEN, CHECKED STATISTICS, IT TOLD ME I HAD A BUNCH OF ENTITIES, SOLIDS, ETC... SCALE IN THE BOTTOM WAS .311 ( PRETTY SMALL) ALL THAT WORKED JUST FINE, BUT STILL NOTHING ON THE SCREEN. I TRIED CHANGING COLORS OF EVERYTHING, THINKING MAYBE ALL THE ENTITIES WERE SET TO BLACK, I EVEN TRIED CREATING MY OWN GEOMETRY JUST TO SEE IF IT WOULD SHOW UP BUT STILL NOTHING. I WAS TRYING TO OPEN THE MC7 FILE FROM THE FOLDER IT WAS IN ON OUR SERVER USING MC9 WHICH SHOULD WORK ALLRIGHT. I DRUG THE FILE FROM THE FOLDER IT WAS IN TO MY MC9 FOLDER WHERE I KEEP ALL MY OWN DRAWINGS AND IT OPENED AND WORKS FINE. I CAN SEE EVERYTHING JUST LIKE NORMAL. THIS IS REALLY WEIRD. THOUGHT I WAS LOSING MY MIND. GUESS ITS JUST A FRIDAY AFTERNOON THING. I APPRECIATE ALL THE HELP!!! THANK YOU. cool.gif

cheers.gifcheers.gifcheers.gif

Maybe to go from V7 to V9 for your oart is to much of a strech. So if you have a V8;;;;;;;go from V7 to V8 and regenerate all the tool paths. Then go from V8 to V9 and regenerate all the tool paths.

Well this post was a little slow.

Congrates to the 88 team !

[ 02-28-2003, 02:26 PM: Message edited by: Scott Bond ]