Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Kernal interface error

Sandybar

What is the OS. Win NT 4.0, Win 2000, and Win XP all let you set the pagefile (virtual memory size) Win 9X and Win ME (yuck) windows manages the pagefile size dynamicaly.

Try increasing the size of your page file if you have the option it should be set to 1.5 * the ammount of RAM you have.

HTH

Allan

The file is 346 KB and imported from Inventer 6 converted into a Sat file.

I did not bother with importing as a surface file since the geometry was very somple and straight forward. I have worked with 75 to 100 mb files with less problems eek.gifconfused.gif

Sandybar

Sandybar,

I have downloaded the file and read it into Mastercam V9.0SP1 with no error messge. I also changed my SAT version to V7.0 when opening the converter. This is done by selecting "version" at the bottom of the converter menu. What version of Mcam are you using? If V8, you may want to look for the latest patch for reading SAT files on this website. Try this link. V8 patches Look for the SAT conv. update file from 8/30/01. HTH cheers.gif

[ 03-06-2003, 10:08 AM: Message edited by: Peter Scott ]

SandyBar sent me the file and it comes in clean, but I've asked him to try to see if he could reproduce it, since it's not clear yet what caused it.

Also, in reply to Peter Scott, the "Version" menu choice in the SAT and Parasolid menus refers only to the case where you're EXPORTING to those file types. Changing it before importing a file has no effect.

PDG

Hey guys I'm using V9 SP1, I have not been able to reproduce this error either. Maybe a one time hickup? I know I have alot of trouble bringing in Invetror 6 sat files into Master Cam. However this file I'm talking about is a very simple and small file?

Sandybar