Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Space Ball and Mouse

Sandybar

Good Day

I use both, whereas they both have diff.

funtions, mouse on the right for windows

apps., and space ball on left only for

3D apps. ( model rotate...zoom...)

They should work independently,

one for each hand doing diff. things

Tony G

Unemployed Programmer

It's all about how much you can get done. My boss has me pretty much maxed out; I have 2 mice, the keyboard, AND a spaceball on the floor that I use with my foot. I've also recently implemented BUMA, (Broom Up My Arse), so I can sweep while I walk between machines... eek.gif

It's a little hard to get used to, specially when the broom catches on a chair or something. But you get used to it.

'Rekd

quote:

Please don't give my boss any ideas okay?

Are you kidding? And let anyone else share in the joys of BUMA?!?!? Not a chance!

(btw, what's his number???) cool.gif

OMG! My boss just found this old straw dude with suspenders and a hat in the dumpster!!

ITS GOT A POLE UP IT"S ARSE!!! We named it PUMA, of course.

Kinda scary, though. If you think about it, that might be my replacement!! confused.gif

Maybe I'll get a picture of it and use it for my Avatar.

'Rekd

Sandy

Just want to make sure, cause it sounded like

you thought a spaceball could be used as a

mouse, they both have diff. funtions.

You can not substiute one for the other.

Spaceball moves the model...mouse moves

the cursor. There is something called a

space mouse, but I dont know if it

does both funtions.

HTH

Tony G

Unemployed Programmer

I have a Spaceball 4000flx from 3d connexion, I use it some in mastercam but not very often, it is not very responsive, kind of chopy when I rotate, it probably has nothing to do with the spaceball itself but probably some setting that I have not found yet, but I have Solid edge and can't live without it. I beleive this model is pretty expencive though, around $500 or $600.

We use the same 4000 flx. It works great for me. The only thing that I don't like is that you have to click on the screen with the mouse after using the space ball. In Catia you can just keep on with what ever. Minor annoyance though. Still love the spaceball.

I too use a spaceball and I feel like my left arm fell off when it quits working in MC.I do alot of 3d modeling in " other" softwares and it is a great tool. You can find them pretty reasonably on ebay. I ve seen them go for anywhere between $100 - $300 . Get either a 3003 flx or a 4000 flx. The 4000 model allows you to program hot keys on the pad . If you have the bucks, get one.

Spacemouse...Spaceghost...???

No, there is a product that is newer than

spaceball, (spaceball, old technology )

called Spacemouse.

Tony G

Unemployed Programmer

N.E Massachusetts - Sothern New Hamshire

[ 03-16-2003, 07:23 PM: Message edited by: CNCme ]

Mouse on the left for me. (I'm right handed, but I use the 10-key more than the keyboard, so it's easier to have my right hand on the 10-key.) That way I can peck the letters with my nose, while implementing BUMA eek.gif

If I were using a sb again I might consider a change, but that's prolly not gonna happen for a while.

'Rekd