Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Transform/Mirror toolpath

Thad

We have some left and right hand details. After programming the shown detail, I used the Transform/Mirror option. I selected to Reverse Toolpath so I would still climb cut. The problem is, it starts at the bottom and "cuts" its way back up to the start height. I'm not sure what setting I have jazzed up. I played with the "View #" box (according to the description it sounded like it might fix it) but it didn't change anything.

The only way I got it to work was to go back into the Rough Pocket parameters, change to "bottom to top" in the gap settings, regen, and then Transform/Mirror. I would then delete the "dummy toolpath" (with bottom to top setting) and post the mirrored path only.

I put the file on the FTP in the MC9 files folder, called MIRRORDET63.MC9. It's a surface rough pocket toolpath. Can anyone tell me the correct settings to properly mirror the toolpath?

Thanks.

Thad

hello thad

you should be able to solve your problem on the

mirror page of the transform op. do not enable the view toggle or the reverse toolpath. i just did a quick rough pocket using one way motion as you stated you only wanted to climb cut. it worked here. give it a try. also you could do a search for transform mirror on forum, i had some problems switching my offsets in a mirror op. a while back maybe some more insight could be thrown on the subject to help you out.

hope it works for you

trevor

I've sent the file to my reseller and he determined it is a bug in the software. He even tried it on the newest version that they had running there (9.1?) and it still didn't work. He has sent it to CNC Software for further evaluation. Until then, the workaround they instructed me to use was to check the option in the upper right corner of the transform page that said something like "create new geometry." I still have to check "reverse toolpath" or the path conventional cuts. This works fine. I just delete the newly created geometry when I'm done posting...just to rid the clutter.

Trev, thanks for the reply. I'm not familiar with the "one way motion" option that you've mentioned. I'm just learning 3D machining so there's a lot that I haven't seen yet. I'll take a look at that on Monday.

Thad

[ 03-15-2003, 07:51 PM: Message edited by: thad ]