Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Change of a serial number on a detail

Oleg-L

I have problem. I have set details ,and on each detail it is necessary for me to write number.

On each detail number should be changed

For example - 1000/123-0001...0002....0003...0004..., etc. - smile.gif all than 1000 details there are more. I shall be very grateful if somebody will offer the decision of this problem.

James, I think he's trying to engrave a unique number on each part.

You'll need a serial number routene in your control to handle it. I know that this is a feature in a HAAS, or at least it is mentioned in the programing manual. I've not personally tried it out, so I don't know how well it works.

You could create a custom 'drill' cycle in your post to call the serial number command in the control and posiiton it in the right spot, or generate a manual sub-program and use the MPMASTER post as a guide in calling the custom sub. Or enter it as a 'manual' toolpath.

When MasterCAM engraves a number, it does it by breaking it up into lines and arcs. Getting those lines and arcs converted back to a number that can be indexed in the control would be prohibitively complex, I'm afraid.

For James

I shall explain a question.

I have a plenty of parts (more than 1000) everyone has an own serial number (engraving)

To create on each part the separate program it it is not logical.....

To create special macros- it is difficultly for me, I am afraid that I can not make it.

Probably there are special modules for Mastercam which it is possible to build in the program?

Where it is possible to get such support?

I use Mastercam 8,1,1 postprocessor MPMASTER machins Hitachi Seiki VS-40 and VS-50

I am sorry for my not enough good English

(to have frequently to use the dictionary)

Many thanks for the answer!