Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Communication Problems with Fanuc 0T and 0M

Rlzegers

I am running MasterCam version 8.0 at work but I am having a problem communcating with the machines I use. When I receive a file from either a 0T or 0M control, Mastercam inserts an extra blank line between every line of code. I have the tabs Strip Carriage Returns and Strip Line Feeds checked, but it still puts the extra lines in. I can use DOS Communication mode to receive but I can't use it to send, so I don't like that either because it makes for confusion for the employees who work under me. Sending using the non-DOS mode works fine. What I need to know is how do I get rid of those extra lines when using the non-DOS Communications mode(without going into the editor and removing each extra line by hand)?

Ron

That's what I thought too, but it seems to work fine in DOS Communication mode. It also worked fine when SmartCam (A local CAM program) was used. I haven't been able to find a parameter that addresses that particular issue. If someone knows of a parameter that would solve that problem, I would really appreciate it!

Ron

Okay, downloading the newer version of Cimco solved the extra line problem. Now I have another small problem. When I dowload from the machine tool to the PC, Mastercam does not recognize when the program transfer is complete. Is that a setting on the machines and not a MasterCam problem? Or is there a setting in MasterCam I need to find?

Thanks,

Ron

Rlzegers...

When you say "Mastercam" does not recognize when the transfer is complete what do you mean? Are you using CIMCO DNC or Mastercam Communicator?

Give our office in Mass a quick call at 978-728-0014 and ask for CIMCO Support. They will save you a lot of time trying to get these problems worked out.