Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Best way to upgrade computer

dgaston

I am running a Intel based HP Visualize machine with a P3 dual 1000Mhz, 512 RAM and NT4.0

When making mold layouts (2D prints) there are some large layouts that slow the computer processing tremendously. I have to wait about 10 seconds after every click making the job very tedious and overly long.

Just so you know what I mean by large, the current mold design I am working on is a 2-cav MUD, the parts are 6.0" in diameter and a screen-statistics says 5500 lns, 6600arcs, 8200 splns and about 600 dims, notes, leaders, etc.

Would it be better to upgrade the RAM to say 1000MB? or to upgrade the pentium speed?

Please help!

Thanks,

Diego

AMD athlon 2000 XP on Triton Gigabyte motherboard with 1 GB RAM ,Geforse 4 128 TI ,Maxtor 60gb ata133 hard disk and windows 2000 profesional that what I would advice.

I made a week ago a computer for my home :

AMD athlon 2000 XP on Triton Gigabyte motherboard

512 ram Geforce4 64 mx440 and it is a chip

and rather good comp.