Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Hello from Elk Grove Village......

BernieT

Hello all, I'm back. The computers are now up and running, the shop is set up and working.

The move from So Calif cool.gif to Chicago confused.gif was traumatic and one HELL of a lot of work. Moving one's home is tough enough, but moving both shop and home at the the same time about did us in. But it's over now and things are looking pretty good. Everybody at the Wilson Tech Center where we moved to has been great and welcomed us with open arms. smile.gifsmile.gif

(Now if I can just find a way to make the wife happy.....) frown.gif

Chicago weather welcomed us with an 8 inch snowfall on the day our furniture arrived..nice!!

eek.gif

I have to say that Chicago has more GOOD restaurants than you can shake a stick at, we haven't had a bad meal yet!! Today wife and I drove into Chicago to try Homer's Ice Cream, 22 miles amid the snow flurries and 40 deg temp. Something only a So Calif boy would do, right?? biggrin.gif

Just curious, why'd you leave Cal? I've heard of several companies moving out. With all the political bs and permits for everything, including but not limited to compressed air, (been doing this for 20+ years, never heard of that one), painting over the grafiti on your trash cans, etc etc etc, I don't blame them. Gov. Dufas has really set the bar high for any companies that want to do business in Ca. ...

'Rekd teh Politically Disturbed

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

quote:

Gov. Dufas

More like Gov. Dufass! I thnk the recall effort will go through. Considering the razor thin margin he won by against Bill Simon (arguably the WORST run political campaign in Californi history) he may have pissed off just enough people to kick his booty out! I sure hope so. I signed that petition. Go to Recall Davis Website

DOH! Did I hijack BerTau's thread? rolleyes.gifrolleyes.gif Sorry. Welcome back BerTau. Hope all is well.

quote:

Just curious, why'd you leave Cal?

The Company higher ups decided that our shop and it's talents needed to be in Chicago. Period, end of discussion.

Now I had to decide whether to move with the shop or retire or look for another job. It's a good job, I like the work, pays well, new jobs are scarce - so here I am.

(my Calif home is still there waiting for me when it's time to leave)

BerTau,

Good luck in the Chicago area. I hope all will go well and your wife also enjoys her time there. The hard part is getting over the homesickness and getting out to see what's new.

quote:

(Now if I can just find a way to make the wife happy.....)

I don't know if any of us can help you there. biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Good to see you back on the forum

Phil

Bertau,

Welcome to the midwest. And yes Chicigo does have a lot of good food. Dick's Last resort is great for bbq ribs, chicken, and insults. (your wife might not like it) West end of Navy pier.

As far as Calif goes, It has the best govener money can buy. Period !

( I left Calif 4 yrs ago)

Finecut