Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Yesterday, I tried to play with the VB script, but I'm not a real pro in this domain.

I didn't knew where to go to modify one or to create one so I went in VB folder from Mcam9

I double clicked on one of the file and it told me that my Cimco license or something like this had expire. But I got Mastercam this summer so...

And how do I make a Chook work( ex. Mmouse.dll), never been able do know where to go...

Fralex,

If you want to edit any vb file from within mastercam goto create-»next menu-»addin-»vbscript.

A dialog box will appear. select the file you want to open and click on edit. mastercam's own vb editor will start with it's own help menu. which I found quite sufficient.

To run VBS scripts, you must first run the VBS C-Hook (mcamvb.dll in the Chooks folder). Personally, I have mcamvb.dll assigned to F12 for quick access. You can edit C-Hooks using any text editor that you wish, although the Mastercam VBS Editor, from mcamvb.dll, is pretty good.

MMouse.dll works good as a startup C-Hook. Go Screen | Configure and then the Start/Exit tab.

quote:

You can edit C-Hooks using any text editor that you wish, although the Mastercam VBS Editor, from mcamvb.dll, is pretty good.

I tried with word but it gave me little square and like if the file was unreadable...

quote:

MMouse.dll works good as a startup C-Hook. Go Screen | Configure and then the Start/Exit tab.

That's what I did but when i right click anywhere i have the standard menu...

quote:

I tried with word but it gave me little square and like if the file was unreadable...

Word is not a good choice for editing VBS files since it introduces formatting. You need a plain text editor such as Notepad, CIMCO Edit. I like syn. But the VBS editor that you can luanch by clicking the Edit button after running mcamvb.dll is good, too.

quote:

That's what I did but when i right click anywhere i have the standard menu...

Look in the readme.txt file that was in the ZIP file to find out how to configure the menu for mmouse.dll.

quote:

quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You can edit C-Hooks using any text editor that you wish, although the Mastercam VBS Editor, from mcamvb.dll, is pretty good.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You can NOT edit Chooks with a text editor. DLL files are compiled programs, so you only get the funny symbol type text. VBScripts, .vbs files, are a different story. They can be edited with any text editor. I usually use CIMCO edit but have used the Mastercam VBS editor, both work fine.

From within the Mastercam VBS Editor, if you go Help | VBScript Help | Microsoft Scripting, you'll get the VBS Language Reference that's also located here. But if you go Help | VBScript Help | Mastercam Scripting instead, you'll get the documentation for all of the constants, objects, members and methods for Mastercam scripting. You can also get to this documentation from outside of the editor; it's located in the Help sub directory in your Mastercam installation directory in a file called vbscript.htm.