Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

NetHook 2.0 API: Samples & Examples Available

You don't say whether you're using the X3 or X3 samples, so I've assumed the X2...

This is what I see in the Errors/Warnings/Messages window in Visual Studio ->

quote:

'Mastercam.Database.Types.TranslationMode' is obsolete: 'This enumerated class has been marked as deprecated / obsolete - the Geometry class members bool Translate(Point3D From, Point3D To, short FromViewNumber, short ToViewNumber) and Geometry CopyAndTranslate(Point3D From, Point3D To, short FromViewNumber, short ToViewNumber) should be used instead.'

C:mcamx2-mr2SDKNetHookExamplesNetHook2ExampleVBNetHook2ExampleVB3 - Database3.3 - The Geometry Class.vb 96 30 NetHook2ExampleVB

It is telling me that I should use the Translate and/or CopyTranslate methods instead of the "deprecated/obsolete" TranslationMode.

X3

I saw nothing to distinguish between the two.

The only directories in NetHook_2.0_Examples

were BoltCircle_VB, NetHook2ExampleVB and NetHook2Example

I'd ask if it matters but apparently it does.

So

Dim TransMode As TranslationMode = TranslationMode.MoveExisting

SHOULD BE?

Dim TransMode As Translate = Translate.MoveExisting

Will in conflict with dot translate in following statement?

(parameters deleted for clarity)

SecondNewLine.Translate(,,,, GraphicsViewNumber)

dialogdude,

1) The TranslationMode enum no longer exists, because there are different methods to take care of the different modes. So instead of writing the following code, like you might have been inclinced to do in X2...

code:

Dim TransMode As TranslationMode = TranslationMode.MoveExisting

Dim GraphicsViewNumber As Short = ViewManager.GraphicsView

Dim TranslateFromPoint As Point3D = New Point3D(0.0, 0.0, 0.0)

Dim TranslateToPoint As Point3D = New Point3D(0.0, -0.5, 0.0)

SecondNewLine.Translate(TransMode, TranslateFromPoint, TranslateToPoint, GraphicsViewNumber, GraphicsViewNumber)

... you would write this instead...

code:

Dim GraphicsViewNumber As Short = ViewManager.GraphicsView

Dim TranslateFromPoint As Point3D = New Point3D(0.0, 0.0, 0.0)

Dim TranslateToPoint As Point3D = New Point3D(0.0, -0.5, 0.0)

SecondNewLine.Translate(TranslateFromPoint, TranslateToPoint, GraphicsViewNumber, GraphicsViewNumber)

There's also a sibling method for the old TranslationMode of copying, called 'CopyAndTranslate()'.

2) If you want it, there's new versions of both the Samples & Examples project and the Reference Guide for X3 up on Mastercam.com in the Support -> Downloads -> Misc section. You've already stumbled across one of the only things that actually changed between X2 and X3 in these Geometry manipulation methods, but if you want the latest and greatest it's up there for you.

• 10 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...