Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

sketch parametric ????

Good Morning Guy's,

This sketch parametric c-hook came up in my family of parts programming post on the regular forum. Gilberto suggested it. When I my reseller about it They about croaked, stating they would not support it. The reason was it crashed a couple of there computers to the point of reinstalling windows. Is this c-hook a problem? Any experience Positive or negative???

Being raised in the world of apt and plug and play macros on simliar parts, the boss say's can't that be done in mastercam??? My uneducated reply to him( and I stress uneducated being a rookie at this)Kind of. We just rechain geometry now after importing the proven operations. He would like more, just imput dimensions and go. My brain says somewhere somehow that could happen with Mastercam if someone with the smarts wrote the right .net/chook. I do not have the smarts for that yet. Someday,the good Lord willing I will. I have come to learn of the wealth of knowledge here on the forums and respect it. So here is the Real question is something like this possible? is it possible but not practical(err whut????). I hope I haven't made this sound more confusing than it is. Looking forwards to hearing the opinions of the M.O.M.'S(Masters of Mastercam)

Thanks

Terry

X2 Mr2 SP1

SOLIDS

MILL3

LATHE

Dresser-Rand

eek.gifconfused.gifcuckoo.gifheadscratch.gifbonk.gif

cheers.gifcheers.gif

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

Once upon a time, the Developers of Moldplus created something called ParaPlus (I think). This was back in the V8 or EARLY V9 days. It gave 2D stuff the ability to be spreadsheet driven. It was slick. I WISH they would have continued development on it. It was limited to 2D in Top Plane but man, even with the limitatins it was excellent. I wish they would have continued development on it.

In a word YES it is possible and feasible though.

• 3 months later...

Terry,

I too came from a world of fully relative

simple geomety construction ; a world where

demand variables allowed you to prompt the

user ( usually yourself) for input.

In my opinion the oldies like CompactII

and Apt360 were second to none when you

have a family of parts to program ; you

could create a "G-Code" macro but then the

operator has way too many variables to deal with

and too much margin for errors each time a