Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

subprogramming(sorry again!)

cherokeechief79

ive been quite busy and ive only had minimal time to work on mc in the past 2 weeks.(remember im just a beginner with mc)

we installed 9.1 recently and i really like some of the new stuff.especially the option of now being able to have different lengths for the lead in and out of a profile.

ive gotten to the point in the manual for subprogramming but it is the shortest chapter in the book frown.gif and it only gives one example for subbing a toolpath down in z not transforming g54 g55 etc.

where can i get some more info on this?

how can i follow through with the new files that are on 9.1?should i have gotten a book with 9.1?

mark

Chief,

What tutorial are you using? There are several resources which are useful. The In House Solutions tutorials are very helpful and you can order them here . You may also want to consider purchasing the Mastercam V9 Mill and Solids book (Dr.'s Lin and Shiue) published by Scholars International. These are both excellent hardcopy resources to help you with your search. Even though the Scholars' book is big and thick, it is easy to read and provides a bunch of nice machining background info besides the Mastercam stuff. HTH biggrin.gif

thanks peter

im using the mastercam mill design tutorial that we got with ver 9.i was just wondering if i should have gotten something with 9.1 too.

there seems to be some new mc9 files on the disc and although i can see them run in verify,i would like to see how they were created right from the beginning and follow through to posting.

ive got a pretty good handle on programming some parts now but im still not 100% sure about the subbing part.

if i make one part complete and it seems to work fine ,then do i just select everything and transform (with the subprogram button highlighted)?

if i wanted say g54-5-6 etc would i just make the appropriate copies?

the spacing is irrelevant im mc right?

the actual positions will be set at the machine....g54 g55 g56.

i have some posts that my var has sent and some of you have sent me too(thank you)but im just not sure how to properly do it in mc.

thanks

mark

Chief,

In House Solutions usually publishes new manuals for the point releases although you won't find any from Mastercam or Scholars Int'l. Only the major version releases spark a re-write of the CNC tutorials or the Scholars Int'l book. Ask In House when they expect their V9.1 tutorials to be available. HTH biggrin.gif

chief,

if work offsets are your isue, on the first parameter page of toolpath you will see a option box t/c plane inside of that you will have option for construction or tool plane. toggle off construction and set tool plane on, then at bottom of that colum set work offset to 0 for g54,1 for g55, 2 for g56 and so on.

not sure if this is what your looking for but your second post seemed to be heading in that direction.

hth trevor

also do a search on this ,i know i have personally had similiar questions and they have all been answered clearly.

thanks kyle

posting to nothing at the moment!all of our machines are workin overtime on long runs right now.i havent really gotten as far as tweakin a post yet.give me a little more time so i can answer intelligently.

right now its just haas controllers and one seimens but weve got a makino horizontal on the way.

the monitor went on the seimens today.3800 bucks eek.gif it will be here tomorrow.

im gettin the hang of it!mc that is