Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Cimco DNC functionality

Toolfab

We are looking at upgrading our DNC software, and was looking for some guidence. I am looking into Cimco DNC MAX 8, but have no idea about the software. We are currently using Focal Point DNC, and have been for numorous years with little problems. My reason for switching is purely financial. It seems very expensive to add on to FP when a complete install of Cimco isnt that much more than the FP upgrade. I did notice that MC has a Cimco editor function built in, so CNC Software must like then. I guess I was wondering if any of you had any input on this subject that I could use in my decision making process.

It is kinda hard to get the brass around here to switch when we really havent had that many complaints about Focal Point, but in my pursuit of seamless intergration amoungst software I need some ammo to use Cimco.

Thank you everyone.

cheers.gif

quote:

Cimco DNC MAX 8

I think they are only up to V4, but I'll assume that is what you mean.

We had a demo of this software and liked it very much but have not been able to purchase it because of budgetary constraints. I plan on purchasing this whenever we get the $$.

I would suggest that you contact your reseller and have them come out, install the demo and send/receive your programs to your machines, drip feed, whatever you want to do. Our reseller sent out their DNC guys and they set it right up and had it talking to our machines in no time, yours should too. I don't know Focal Point (I've seen them at the shows, but never used it) but I think you'll like DNC Max.

C

[ 04-17-2003, 03:30 PM: Message edited by: chris m ]