Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Guitar pattern

ducati

If you would like to make shape of quitar, then i can recommend you perfect program i use for digitalizing pictures, photos etc. It is freeware (opensource) program Inkscape (www.inkscape.org). I googled some pictures of guitar you asked and i found some very good photos from which you can make easily shape of guitar (if you are interested, i can help you). But only one problem is to fit the scale. You need some reference object with known dimensions.

In Inkscape you can do this much more quickly. Only clik clik clik and job is done. Software uses three metods to detect edge, you can adjust filter sensitivity and than if it is necessary make manual correction.

I use this a lot for engraving pictures for my friends or just for fun.

Just checked out the Inkscape homepage and saw this:

"Inkscape befriends G-code. October 10, 2010 

Not many people remember this, perhaps, but one of the first extensions ever written for Inkscape was an assistant tool for designing guitar fingerboards, written by Aaron Spike. Over time more people found even more interesting uses for Inkscape. We already reported on Egg-bot recently, but another very interesting project made its way to upstream collection of extensions just few days ago.

Since revision 9818 Inkscape comes with GCodetools — a plug-in that prepares and converts paths from Inkscape to G-code using biarc interpolation. From now on you will be able to use default Inkscape for all kinds of fun things like cutting, engraving etc. This feature will be available in the next version, 0.49. Until that you can either use unstable builds or just download the extension and install it for your current copy of 0.48.

http://inkscape.org/

I'll download the the free app,  yes FREE, and take a look. Thanks for the tip SMRK. 

gcodetools link: http://www.cnc-club.ru/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=35#p101