Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

O/T send programs to Dynapath 20?

jspangler

Hi

Has anyone out there been succesful communicating or sending programs to this control from your PC? Can you send me your settings? I know my control is doing something, the little RS232 mini tester lights up and all, but I can't get anything in or out of the control or PC. I've tried the Null modem adapter too, and all the settings. Is there something I'm missing. The manual for this control is vague, to put it mildly. PS ANyone have any luck communicating using Hyperterminal??

Thanks

John

John,

I sent you a private e-mail - but I will answer it here also. We have a Delta 20 at the shop.

I can check Monday. But best I remember- confused.gif

E

In both control and computer - using a 25 pin pass thru serial cable and a 9 pin adapter, using Cimco Edit to talk to machine.

Check your cable - that was one of our problems.

Yes - the manuals for our machine is also a joke!

Later, Mark

quote:

Anyone have any luck communicating using Hyperterminal

No

We tried this a little but had no joy. We use a home-made product here now that is serviceable; saving up for Cimco DNCMax.

I would suggest using the Cimco Editor product for transmission as it is pretty universal and their tech support has been very strong for us when we have questions

You may want to check recent history on the forum (probably already did) as I think we talked about a Dynapath a little while ago, maybe it was on a Tree, I can't remember

C

[ 04-18-2003, 07:50 AM: Message edited by: chris m ]