Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Corrupted File Recovery - What can I do?

McRae

Group,

I have the following senario - I created a mill/turn .mc9 file and was successfull at getting the gcode out of it. Against all better judgement and common practice, I decided to experiment with the advanced features of the New Verify and create an STL from this function. I then took that wonderfull new screw profile and overlaid it on my original .mc9 process model.

Everthing looked great - except I didn't put the stl on its own unique layer and now when I try to open the MC9 file, the machine hangs on the STL portion of the open.

Is there a mechanism in the program (or using a side utility) that I could access the .mc9 file and strip out the STL bit?

Other interesting tidbit - I attempted to open with Lathe - failure. I just opened with Mill - Successful.

I am now sending file to CNC's QC dept.

Hi Andrew

Sorry I am not going to be any help either. But I am interested in this stl file? I can't figure out how to use it. If I run the verify the stl button does not light op on the tool bar? How do you get it to work?

thanks

Eric

[ 04-21-2003, 01:36 PM: Message edited by: Eric Salsman ]