Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

post problems

Robert Ouellette

i am having a problem with my Haas post. i am using a very lightly modified haas post. i am having a problem when i post only 1 operation of many ( like when i need to rerun a single contour cut or forget to tap a hole or the like) or when i only have 1 op in the program. i will not post the first tool change. it has been happening often. i do not remember it happening before i upgraded to x4. it is very frustrating when you just finished probing the part and you want to cut a contour. it does not call the tool and tries to cut the part with the probe. i dont know how many times my probe has been spun at 12000prm :huh: i really need to get this fixed. it was working fine in v9 but now that i have upgraded to x4 it is doing it in both versions.

ok thank you i will try that tomorrow and let you know how it worked. that has to do with prestaging the next tool right? now that i think about it it started happening when we got our new VM-6, and i changed the post to turn on the prestage call out. so that would be why it worked fine before and now it does not work.

thanks for all your help. i made the edits this moning and it is working good now. who knew you guys knew what you were talking about :lol:

Never claimed I did :)

I get lucky once in awhile.

Fat, dumb and happy, that's me

My post has started to act up again. About 2 days after i fixed the nul tool change problem it started to not post the "%" at start of program. my haas alarms out if it is not there. wont let me load program into memory. the % is still in the post in "" right after the section where i fixed the above problem. i am pretty sure i did not change anything else when i change the rest. what could it possibly be.