Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

X5...Changing Tool Number

Code_Breaker

When I change the tool number in the Tool Manager, then re-select it in the Operation Manager ... post

Results are tool number remains the old number and tool height is the new number ...

:o

Also, if I change in Control Definition "Add to tool" to "From Tool" only the tool number changes, but not the height nor diameter ... then post, tool number, height and diameter are still old numbers ...

Well, I guess there is no easy fix ... with it worked like previous version of X ...

1) Open Tool Manager, click on tool and change info ...

a) Click OK in Tool definition about to be updated

2) Open operation with tool in the Operation Manager ...

a) Double-click tool

B) Place cursor in Tool # box, hit enter

c) Click OK in Duplicate Tool number

d) Click OK to Toolpath dialog box

e) Regenerate Toolpath

3) Post

4) Repeat for all 277 toolpaths

PS I guess you cannot use the letter b followed by ) else you get B) instead

PS I guess you cannot use the letter b followed by ) else you get B) instead

I thought you just had a cool tip there.

This is an ongoing problem, it's something I've learned to be very careful with. If I manually change a number, select update other operations, I always try to check out the other ops to make sure the offset and height change also. Sometimes they do, sometimes they don't.

Renumbering seems to be very reliable, unless you're transforming toolpaths. If I'm using transform I always delete the transform operation and create a new one with the new tool number.

I don't have X5 installed yet but I do recognize this problem.

Re-numbering only works when your tool list is in consecutive order

I am aware of that, I just sometimes select all of the operations that use one tool and change the number. Anyway, I just can't seem to get it to screw up the way you described. This is a little worrisome to me, because you have way more experience than I do. I experimented with changing them through the Tool Manager as you did. The program looked good, as well as the posted code.