Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

X5...five axis curve

Code_Breaker

Not exactly sure what your after, but I just did a 2D contour on an arc section, chained with partial, one direction then the other (back and forth on the same entity)( you could use a chain with multiple entities, when you get to the end, just keep on chaining back to the 1st entity. Under contour type I picked ramp. Then used convert to 5X to give the tool some tilt...

Not exactly sure what your after, but I just did a 2D contour on an arc section, chained with partial, one direction then the other (back and forth on the same entity)( you could use a chain with multiple entities, when you get to the end, just keep on chaining back to the 1st entity. Under contour type I picked ramp. Then used convert to 5X to give the tool some tilt...

Convert to 5X does not allow you to pick the surface to project on ... but thanks for playing

Just put a file up on the FTP in X5 files folder named Zig Zag...It uses multiaxis, custom app, project, advanced interface...

I was just about to say, "I found a way" but you beat me to it ... except I didn't used the Advance Interface and set Feed Distance to 0.0 to keep the tool from lifting up

BTW ... where is the documentation for the multiaxis toolpaths?

There are some basic explanations in the reference guide, very basic, under toolpath types you will see multiaxis toolpaths. Wish there was more...

Is that the type of zig zagging you were lookin for?

The only thing it says, "Projects curves onto the part for toolpathing. Useful for engraving the selected pattern." PERIOD

I think there should be greater details ... experimenting is fun, expecially when you solve the problem, but very time consumming ...

Is that the type of zig zagging you were lookin for?

Just like using 2D Contour - Ramp - Plunge

I looked at the file on the FTP site, but not what I wanted, but can use one day ... I needed the Plunge action after each level ....

Next question: How can you turn Advance Interface off once its been turned on???????

BTW ... where is the documentation for the multiaxis toolpaths?
:unsure:

I get some of my information from the help utility in the lower right of the toolpath utilities, experimenting, taken a couple of multiaxis classes with Karlo at CNC and teaching multiaxis. :)

InHouse has an advanced multiaxis book that has a couple 5axis projects, one of the files I use frequently is tutorial 6 Gouge Strategies. It shows how you can change a basic curve 5x toolpath by setting up multiple gouge strategies in collision control. I put the file I use up on the ftp, "04_Gouge Check Strategies_TP.MCX-5"

select roughing and then sort options.

"Connect slices by shortest distance" must be checked AND under "Linking" ==> "Distance", the "Feed distance" must be set to 0.0 (see doc)

But, my question is, I want to go back to original parameters and NOT use Advance Interface ... how do I switch back?

Also, why "Clearance Area" ++> Height uses to Machine Home distance and NOT the current WCS distance?

zig-zag.doc