Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

help with surface gouge on 9.1

Gary

gary,

I've looked at your surface toolpaths and they don't seem to be gouging anywhere. Are the Verify stock settings correct for the stock that you are machining? Verify also won't show the actual g-code so one test is to use a third- party verification like Metacut Utilities. Perhaps tightening up the Total Tolerance settings can help to eliminate some tool deviation on the surface. You could also try an alternative surface toolpath like Project-Blend, Flowline or Scallop to get better finish results.

FYI any file name that contains a period (.) is more susceptible to data loss or corruption because the O/S views that period as an extension separator. Use an underscore (like gary9_1) to separate numbers and letters instead of a period and that will often help eliminate file management errors. I don't think that is the case with your part, just maybe need to tighten some tolerances or stepovers. HTH biggrin.gif

Sorry for not getting back sooner. I had to get alot parts out. Engineers calling every 1/2 hour.

I did end up redrawing the surface and that fixed the problem. Also did not no about the period in the program name but it makes sense. Learn something new everyday hear. Shop i am at now only has level 2 mc and i am used to level 3 so i am now VERY limited on surface tool path options. I thought i could at least use all the surface optiions but on only one surface at a time but i guess not. I guess its time to start the begging again. But anyways thanks for the help as always

Gary