Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Hitachi Seiki Horizontal

Frank

Hi all:

I've been a lurker on this board for a long time and have got a lot of great information just using the search feature. If I could help I would but there seems to be so many quick and good answers, I don't ever get a chance. Well I've just been informed we have bought a brand new (still in crate) Horizontal Hitachi Seiki 630, with a 16m fanuc control. I am familiar with the fanuc controls, up to 12m, and using search on this board found out that the MPFAN, from MILL6 would be the best starting post processor to use. I currently am using Mill8, hopefully I can now get 9 with a little push. Any insight to what I should get ready for would be great.

Thanks,

Frank biggrin.gif

If I were you I would start with the newer mpfan post that comes with v8.1.1, or one the many master posts here. The version 6 posts dont take advantage of all the bells and whistles v8 milling has to offer. It would take alot of work to get that post dialed in.

Greg

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

Hello Frank,

My personal preference for "Starting Posts" is the MPMaster Post found here. It's got all the bells and whistles you would want right out of the box. Dave Thompson was kind enough to make them free on the site. That's the post I start with whenever I make a new post.

JM2C

I agree with James that the MPMaster post is the best starting point for anything that is close to a Fanuc control. Everything I use is modified from it. We have a 4 machine 630 cell line with about 100 pallets. They are really good machines.

I have a post that I can send you if you wish, only problem is that I'm on jury duty probably till the end of the week. Let me know and I'll send it when I get back.

Thanks for the replies so quick, Mark we haven't got the machine yet so if you could send me that post I would appreciate it. Also where do you get the free post's on this board ? I went to the cadcam FTP site and didn't see any post's.

Thanks again,

Frank