Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Post Crashing MC

sir Camalot

Hello everybody!

I have been having some difficulties with my post. When I post out, MC goes into an error mode and shuts down. If I adjust the video accellerator to half way this problem goes away. But I lose alot of the funtionality in other programs. I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this or If anyone might know a solution.

I have used this post(which is a 5 axis post)in the past with no problems. So, why would the post effect the video card? Why this system? There are also issues with converting previous program versions into V9.1. Thanks in advance for any help you guys can offer.

System:

Dell 650 workstation

XP Pro SP1

3ghz Xeon/533

NVidia Quadro4 900XGL

1gb SDRAM

MC Router Pro V8.1.1 & V9.1) w/ Solids

No. We have been using V8 and upgraded straight into V9.1. We have also used Windows 98 and 2000 pro without this issue. The post has worked well in these other setups. The post didn't require the .psb file to be used either. Would there have to be a .psb file with this post and XP pro and that might be what is causing the error? If this is the case, why will it work with the hardware acceleration turned down? Wouldn't it still cause this error? confused.gif Some of the other problems I noticed are;(with full hardware acceleration that is,)

This will post 3 -axis toolpathes but only 2 at a time.

This will not post if the 1st operation is a 5-axis toolpath.

Ron,

1.Go to Screen Config/Files and make sure

the path to the Chook folder leads to your V9.1 installation, not the old V8 chook folder.

2. Open the V9.1 chooks folder and look for a file named mp.dll. If it is not dated 4/14/03,

download it from Posts or Patches at the top of this page. Be sure to save a copy of the old mp.dll just in case. ( I'm speaking from experience frown.gif )

3. Save a backup of your post, then run it through the Chook UpdatePST9.

4.Since you upgraded straight from V8 to V9.1

your post is probably a V8 based post.

You may want to start over with a V9 based post.

I'm not familiar with Router, but I'm sure V9.1

has features that a V8 post cannot handle.

The V9.1 disk has some new mill and lathe posts that look pretty sweet. It might be worth checking to see if there are any new router posts there.

gcode,

I am using version 8.1.1. This seat has not been upgraded to version 9. I will check paths. Yesterday I lost a file. I did a search and found parameter files and one mc8 file in temp with zero bytes. It was all programmed and I am sure I saved it. Then the fiber optic cable went out so I lost all lan for a while. Just a bad day.

thanks,

ron roderick