Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Change work offset number according to the view.

Slava_6

How I can change work offset number according to the view if operations are already created?

In wcs manager - attributes - work offset - assigns a work offset number to the view.

After that - regenerate dirty operations. I use this method from V9. In X4 it works perfectly.

In X5 it not work. There is other way to change work offset number?

I talk about 300-400 operations and 20-30 wcs numbers.

See the attached screen shot.

If the "Work Offset" checkbox was not checked by default when you created the ops,

you may need to open each operation and check it.

You can do it more quickly by mass editing oeprations using the "Edit Common Parameter" command.

You can you the "Select" command to Select operations by view, then "Edit Common Parameters"

to reset the view.

post-162-0-38209200-1297772543_thumb.png

gcode thank for your answer.

I know this method.

If I understand correctly in Х5 i can not change WCS number through View Manager if operations are already created.

Why it works in Х4? This option now is not supported?

In Х4 I change wcs number in View Manager - operations dirty.

In Х5 - there is no effect on operation.

See attachment.

post-11574-0-76853900-1297775827_thumb.gif

Just got off the phone with QC.

If you change the work offset in the view manager, it posts the changed Work Offset, it however does NOT update the planes dialog in the operations Planes(WCS) settings.

"Should" have a number listed for it in a bit.

• 3 weeks later...

I am experiencing the same problem.

If I change work offset numbers in the WCS view manager, it will appear to update the toolpath segments in the operations manager (Example: Parameters - Work offset #5), but if you click on the segment parameters, then click Planes(WCS) you will see that the offset number in the Work offset box has not updated. If you click on the view selection and click the green check, it updates. Simply regenerating all segments will not work! You have to perform this step to every segment.

This may be isolated to programs that were brought in from a previous version. I have not experienced it with a fresh MCX-5 program, although I have not tried to change offsets in a MCX-5 original program.