Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

opti rgh, hs surface restmill ???????

dforsythe

X5, 7075 AL

I’m trying to efficiently rough out this part while the material is at an 42 deg angle. This brings the floor of the pockets normal to z. I first tried using suface high speed rest mill, but I don’t like the movement of the cutter as it over engages the tool nearly 80% of the time. 15% of the cutter should mean 15% not 40 % when it moves into a new direction. ( trochoidal cuts not available in rest mill)

My next thought was to try the super fancy J opti rough. This gives a great tool path, but like surface high speed core mill it tries to cut what it thinks is the stock, but is just air. Then I tried trimming the opti rough path to get rid of the air cuts and it violates my part.

I may be missing something, so feel free to recommend another option. Im out of ideas for today.

Thanks, Damian