Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

wear comp with high feed

Thoob

Is there a way to make the high feed option work with wear compensation? On my outside contour, I am using a feed mill but I want to use the high feed option to slow the cutter on the 90 deg corners. It works fine when i don't select wear compensation. If I select wear comp, it outputs one feed only.

Wow, I am shocked to see no one has replied. Most cases someone has an answer for me before I even finish typing the question. lol. Seriously though, apparently its something that has been overlooked. Even in X5, you can't use it with wear compensation. I find it quite amusing sometimes how such simple stuff gets left out in this expensive piece of work software.

I have X4. The tech rep I called had X5 and he said it didn't work as well.

I have it on roughing and finishing. The finishing one will not highlight and let me pick it. I am also using a contour ramp. Everything works perfect as it should when i don't use comp. As soon as I use comp, it doesn't work.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Nah, as mentioned, it works fine when wear comp is not applied. Once I activate wear, it stops using high feed option. Funny I know this post is old but i had just ran into this again so I searched the forum and came across one of my old posts. lol. Still no information yet eh fellas?