Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

DRAFTING NOTES

smokey_44

When I do drafting notes sometime in v9 sp1 and 9.1 they go all screwed up , its not the file but I think it maybe the OS or Video card ???? The notes get replaced by symbols and slashs and stuff like that ...any thoughts ? I'm using Win XP and a Geforce2 mx/mx400 card ???? Just want to know if its the card or OS???

Dave eek.gif

I've experiance this ALOT. Windows 98, nt4, 2000, and xp on mc8.1.1. With a a variety of different video cards. Haven't used mc9.1 enough yet to have it happen.

The only thing is to save the file. Exit and restart mastercam. Reopen file.

Bryan smile.gif

[ 05-02-2003, 07:17 PM: Message edited by: bryan314 ]

I think that the upgrade of the card wouldn`t help.

I worked with a GeForce 2 mx400 card a lot with no problems under different OS and it seems far more stable than Geforse 4 mx cards .

Just one case that I found is :

If you have win98 SE and installed detonator drivers from NVIDIA site than this driver can cause problems and IMHO it is better to doungrade it to original one.But detonator is O.K for win2000 or XP.

And it is not always a simple thing to install

openGL compatible driver for a Geforce 2mx card under Linux but this is completly different story.

[ 05-04-2003, 03:35 AM: Message edited by: plasttav ]