Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

GibbCam

Metric

Thats what i started with about 10 years ago. I liked it for what i was doing ( job shop 3-4 axis and a little bit of surfacing). i have never done any 5 axis work with it. i do know that they incorporated the volumill tool paths so it should be pretty good as far as 2d high speed stuff. I also liked the level manger and it has prety good graphics. one thing that stands out is the cad drawing used to be a pain with all these little conector points you had to deal with. i dont miss that one bit. other than that it is a solid system that is almost dummy proof. its tough to do somthng wrong with it. i have only been using MC for about 2.5 years. i think mc is more powerful, but not as well thought out. you should be able to pick it up quickly. most cam systems are very similar. you know what you want to do, just takes a while to find the corect button.

if you do take the job let me know, i went to their post classes and have a lot of good books about editing them.

just my 2 cents

Hey,

I used Gibbs for about 2 years after using mastercam for maybe 15 yrs. I didnt like it at all. I didn't have the control i have with mastercam. Connector points , extracting geometry,tiles.....etc it all was combersome compared to m-cam. It was good for simple stuff but not very good for Horizontal machining. Post processors were not very easily edited. They actually dumped Gibbs after I quit and purchased M-cam for future use

Its a very different program and took a while to grasp because I didn't have training and was forced to use it.

Good Luck

I just got an offer a job with using GibbCam.Is there any body has been

using this software before?I have been using Mastercam for long time.

But never explore with GibbCam.Any advice please. :unsure:

Thank a lots.

Thanks for the advices.

They planning to sent me to training 3 days if I take this offer.

I don't know it worthed to make a change.The company look very stable.

They have lots of work,pay look O.k..Just one thing make me worry is how long to make

the transaction. :unsure:

Thanks Bro.