Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

AUTODESK MECHANICAL 2011

cappy

Hello,

Engineering just started using Autodesk Mechanical 2011 and i can't open their drawings. The drawing opens but there is nothing there.

I have checked and unchecked the paper space box and still no dice. Has anyone seen this problem? Maybe save out dwg to an earlier version?

Using X2 MR2, please help.

thanks,

Greg.

I don't have X5 installed and have no intentions on doing so. Too many bugs and post problems to deal with right now. X2 works great for what we do. Mainly all basic turning on Okumas.

I am going to have to start coming up with excuses to my boss why it takes longer to program parts than it used to.

Very frustrated with this. This was very simple and quick.

Greg.

Just checked my file folder where I have been storing dwg for programming. X2 will not open any of them now, even after I have file them from ACAD over a year ago.

Something must have changed? These are dwg's from ACAD 2001i, been doing this for about 3 years now and it won't work. Can someone please shed some light on this.

Thanks,

Greg.

Just checked my file folder where I have been storing dwg for programming. X2 will not open any of them now, even after I have file them from ACAD over a year ago.

Something must have changed? These are dwg's from ACAD 2001i, been doing this for about 3 years now and it won't work. Can someone please shed some light on this.

Thanks,

Greg.

Post it on the ftp or send it over and I will try.

• 3 weeks later...

I've had the same problem. Well it's still a problem. What I did to resolve this was simple for me. I just open the dwg file in my current version on AutoCAD. Then I re-save the file. Hope this helps for now.

Your right about the problem with AutoCAD2011