Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Roughing

mmetzinger

Good Friday all. Wanting to see if anyone out there would be willing to share some information. We have trouble with roughing tool path. Our parts are mold cavities and cores. We get them with the parting lines already wire EDMed so that we need to rough the cavities in from that point. We get alot of wasted air cutting. Anyone want to share some similar files? Our parting lines can be sometimes complex, some times not, but we need to eliminate the air cutting.

We can't access the FTP site, so could you e-mail an example file of how you would rough something like that.

[email protected]

We are trying to use Toolpath-Trim to get rid of the extra passes, but not getting it yet. Any suggestions?

Thanks for all the help.

How you doing James? I feel like i already know you. James "JIMMY" Gable was a student of yours

and mine last year.We worked together F#%@^# Molds in walnut w/ m.metzinger and fusion.

Jimmy had nothing but good things to say about you. Pleasure to finally meet you. biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

I'm a moderator on cnczone which is where i met Jay.

PEACE

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

Cool. James was one of my best students. Always there, always asking questions, very attentive, etc... The kind of student I really like to have.

How you liking that new building of yours? I see it often and I always wondered if you had a machine shop in there. Guess I know now.

James Gabel; if you're out there, thank you for the kind words and I hope all is well with you.

"See" you around,

I don't do molds so I'm not sure if this will work for you, but many times that we are roughing things out, we'll actually do finish passes and leave differing amounts of stock to leave. This seems to let us control the "air cuts" and keep them to a minimum. You can then just copy and paste the toolpath and adjust the stock to leave.

HTH

Glenn