Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

using a mathematical formula to draw geometry

mfilleti

I have a job that requires a curve to be machined out as smoothly as possible on the mill. The curve was formed by a formula. I was wondering if I can input the formula into ver 9.0 somehow, and use the software to produce the curve; rather than me inputing x and y co-ordinates every half millimeter and joining the dots.

Fplot.dll

Look in your C-Hook Directory for this file, there is a document to go along with it that has a short explination of how it works.

I have used this file for producing a parabolic curve generated by a quadratic equ.

It souds like this might be what you are looking for.

HTH

Allan,

Despite my modest attempt to not hijack I simply cannot help myself here. biggrin.gif

The last time I used a quadratic equasion (sp) was about 25 years ago to solve a complex programming issue arising from an inept engineer and his engineering drawing - this precluded Cad as we know it today.

It reminds me of obtaining an A+ in Acad 3D when version 10 was the cat's butt. I did not deserve an A+ but I was yet one of the very few that actually knew what a quadratic was. smile.gif

Thanks for making an old man happy.

I do not have a problem with spelling smile.gif but lately I have experienced a lot of computer problems and cannot do a spell check.

cheers.gif

Regards, Jack

thanks for the help. Between the engineer and myself we figured it out with your help Allan!

Thank goodness for the internet and people like yourself. Everything is so much quicker, easier, and efficient. How did people ever get so far in the past?

That is all

Matt