Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Integrex post options

Bruce Caulley

Ahoy!

The company I am at has an E420 and the programming software is up for discussion. (Currently only have 2.5d SolidCAM!)

I know Inhouse posts are good as I've had a few in the past, but if treated as just a milling machine, can the generic 5-axis post be used? Turning and milling ops would be in different machine groups of course, but can the generric be tweaked as a head/table post, and would it be necessary to fiddle much with axis directions?

Thoughts?

Bruce

We have 2 E420H machines and we use an In-House post with 1 machine def for combined mill-turn work. I have never tried any default posts. There are many codes that need to bbe layed out properly when going between mill and turn at the machine. Keep in mind to do 5axis machining on the sub side only you will need to sinc the spindles and drive the program from the main side.

We do some crazy parts on the machines. You will want G43.4 output for all 5 axis stuff, and for 2d I always use G68 rotaion. Be glad to help you out if needed

Thanks Wes :cheers:

We have no sub-spindle, and for the work we do having a combined lathe/mill post isn't really an advantage at the moment. We have the 3000mm bed option and mainly do big 1 off shafts/rope rollers/ etc, etc. I am also not the programmer, so keeping it simple with mazatrol for turning and then 3+2 and 5ax sim separate would still be a step up here. The main reason I am suggesting MC is the simple fact that by giving the programmer/s a little training and guidance, I think I can nail their machining processes on many of the other large machines. Doing a trick 5-ax job here and there on the E420 might not justify a paid for post, no matter how much I personally think it is worth it.

If I can get a head/table mill post to work for 3+2 and 5ax milling ops, then I am in front as far as budget goes.

Thanks again

Bruce