Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Need help with replicating actions of version 8.1 in version X2.

MILLRUNNER

I'm trying to get my newer version of Mastercam (X2) to program the same way as an older version I have (8.1). The buttons and actions are all different, and I don't know what I need to do to get the same result.

Version 8.1 actions-

To chain the contour, I click these buttons:

1. Wirepaths, Contour, Chain, STCW

2. I hit the reset button to be sure that the zero is on the corner of the block where I will touch off with the wire. Then I hit the "select start/Thread/Cut" button. The box will disappear and I have to pick the wire start. I pick the center of the hole for the wire start of my geometry. The box pops back up, then I hit ok. The box disappears again, and I must select the geometry where I want the chain to start. I have to be sure that the chain is going in the ccw direction of cut, because of the way our machines offsets are. I hit STCW again, and repeat these steps for every operation or different hole. when finished, I click ok, and the geometry is now marked with yellow boxes or points to wire placement or something (not really sure what they represent).

3. I then Click the very end of the last line of the contour before it gets back to where the wire entered the part. This will bring up a box that says "change at point". When that comes up, I click over in the bottom right in the box next to "control flags" to highlight it, then click the button. A box called "control flags" pops up and here I will click the box next to "Stop/Glue" on the left, and this will activate the rest of that row. I click the circle next to stop and hit ok. This will add the necessary M00 in the program to make the machine stop and hold for the tab cut. I Hit ok and close the boxes out. If there are more operations (holes), I hit the next chain button (on the left side) and repeat this for every one, so that all of them get the M00s added for the stops. When finished I click done. Then I go to operations and post.

Version X2 actions-

To chain a contour, I click these buttons:

1. Chain button up top. This opens the small box up that says "enter new nc name". I hit the green check box and the "chaining" box on the left pops up. This is where I stop because I do not know what to do from here.

I have updated my post - the one I use in Mastercam 8, and it is visible and selected when I open X2.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Millrunner,

For a general function comparison open a Windows explorer and go to C:\McamX\Documentation, there is a pdf in the folder called V92X Functions. There are quite a number of similarities V8 to V9 that might help as well. B)