Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Makino A51 "Read Ahead"

RDEMIDON

I am trying to run a program using Iscars HEM milling on a Makino A51. The machine reads that the program says F250. but it actually only runs about F90. The machine has run linear cuts before at feeds above F250. so I know it works. I think the problem is that the machine only reads about 4 lines ahead. Does anyone know how to change the parameter so I can make the read ahead be more than 4 lines? Thanks for your help.

Try putting the G8P1 before the first feed line and see a difference. G8P0 to turn it off. Works on our A77.

If the moves are short, then there are accelerate/decelerate issues that come into place and machine may never reach programmed speeds.

hth

If you have a pro 5 control it should be listed at the top of the screen, it will be either M250, M251, M252, or M255. Not sure how it is for other pro controls, all of ours are pro 5.

M250 (High-Accuracy Mode)

M251 (High-Performance Mode)

M252 (Ultra-High Accuracy Mode)

M255 (Radical Mode)

MAKINOMANUAL.jpg

This is how it is explained in the manual I have. Apparently it is faster than M251, but the accuracy goes down. So it may be more useful in a roughing program that leaves adequate cleanup stock to overcome any inaccuracies.

That is very interesting. I have taken the Die/Mold training at Makino and this mode was never discussed, mind you, that was 7 years ago. We do have a brand new F5 Makino so I will have to take a look and see if this M-code is valid.

To the folks that question the differences between the modes............there is a huge difference between a program running in M251 and the exact same program running in M252.

PS. M250 does not do anything for rotary work. It only works on XYZ moves. There are a different set of M-codes for rotary work being M253, M257, M258.

Carmen

I tried the M255 on the new Makino F5 vertical and there is no M-code function. The code must be specific to horizontals or certain equipment. Honestly, I cannot imagine our machines being any faster or more responsive than what we get when using M251 for roughing.