Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Program Nakamura Super NTMX with Maxtercam X5?

rsc

Our company is purchasing a Nakamura Super NTMX Mill/Turn machine. Does anyone have experience with Mastercam and this machine? We are new to mill/turn machines. It will come with Camplete for simulation. We would like to use Mastercam X5 for programming. Is it possible to program this machine with Mastercam? Will we have to program in sections (for example, program the turning portion then the milling portion), then combine the posted code into one program and simulate in Camplete? Alternatively, is our best solution to get Partmaker?

Thanks in advance.

Bob

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

Matercam will program the machine fine. You'll need to add in the wait codes manually (unless your post is set to output it). CAMplete reads the posted G-Code and does the simulation and colltions detection on that imported G-Code. You can make edits to it also. You can technially progam in CAMplete, but it woudl be the same a programming by hand. It's not a CAM program... at least the version I'm running is not and I've not been made aware that it is or will be come a CAM system.

Partmaker is a better solution at the end of the day I'm sad to say. I know for a fact they have a rock solid post for that machine that is post and run (as long as you have your setup right obviously). I have programmed this machine with Mastercam though and it can be done, and depending on your Mastercam skill level, it may even be all you need. The question for you should be, is ".. is learning/adding a new CAM system with more capability, the right direction for your company."

What's kicka$$ about CAMplete, is that you simulate everything. You put your holders, tools, milling heads, everything in there and it checks against everything.

HTH

I was under the impression from Methods that Camplete was actually a programming and verification system specialized for the Nakamura machines; are you sure that you can't program with it?

I have not seen a demo of Camplete, so I can't tell you exactly what it can do. However, from reviewing their website, I guess you could program within their G-code editor, just like you could in Notepad, but you would have to generate the code by hand. The way I understand it, Camplete reads the G-code generated by a CAM system (Mastercam, Gibbs, etc.) and will simulate the machining process. If changes are needed (wait codes, reorder tools, etc.), you can do that within their editor, then rerun the simulator.

Bob

Matercam will program the machine fine. You'll need to add in the wait codes manually (unless your post is set to output it). CAMplete reads the posted G-Code and does the simulation and colltions detection on that imported G-Code. You can make edits to it also. You can technially progam in CAMplete, but it woudl be the same a programming by hand. It's not a CAM program... at least the version I'm running is not and I've not been made aware that it is or will be come a CAM system.

Partmaker is a better solution at the end of the day I'm sad to say. I know for a fact they have a rock solid post for that machine that is post and run (as long as you have your setup right obviously). I have programmed this machine with Mastercam though and it can be done, and depending on your Mastercam skill level, it may even be all you need. The question for you should be, is ".. is learning/adding a new CAM system with more capability, the right direction for your company."

What's kicka$$ about CAMplete, is that you simulate everything. You put your holders, tools, milling heads, everything in there and it checks against everything.

HTH

Thanks for the information. Speaking of posts, can you tell me who can supply a good post and machine definition for this machine (Nakamura Super NTMX)?

Bob

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

I like Postability, CAD/CAM COnsulting Services in Southern California or In-House Solutionsfor Post Processor Development Services.