Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Project blend

Noel

Is anyone having any success with the project blend in v9.1.We do alot of bottle molds and I like to cut in the across direction. I have found using parallel tool paths to get a good suface finish on the near vertical face you have to use a different step over wich means spliting it up into different cuts.I have tried the project/blend but it only seems to work on faces that are slightly angled. If the end suface is vertical it cuts it in one shot(not good for surface finish)The along option in project/blend seems to have more options,Does anyone know if they are planning to add more options to the across portion of the project/blend cut.I am currently trying out a 30 day trial of 9.1 don't think the boss man will pay for the upgrade based on the results so far.Hopefuly Version 10 will have the ability to cut a cavity with a parallel cut while mantaining a constant scallop.Any ideas?

I could upload some examples if anyone wants to give it a go.

cheers.gif Noel

[ 05-16-2003, 03:13 PM: Message edited by: Dr. Olds ]

I am having great success with this path. HOWEVER, I would truely love a parallel toolpath with the "option" to have a constant scallop height. I have found with steep walled geometry, the project-blend path will give me some pretty crazy looking toolpath. I only use the 2d blend method. For what I do, the 3d method just does not work.