Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Coolant Issues

Brian_99

Has anyone using the X style coolant noticed that the first tool you program will not turn on coolant when posting. I am using "from tool". From what I have found if you just go to the coolant page on the first tool you program it will work. All it seems I have to do is go there not actually change anything.

Has anyone using the X style coolant noticed that the first tool you program will not turn on coolant when posting. I am using "from tool". From what I have found if you just go to the coolant page on the first tool you program it will work. All it seems I have to do is go there not actually change anything.

Hi Brian,

A quick post debuggin gave me an idea of your prob as I had this happen to my lathe post. Search for "psof$" (start of file) if in that postblock "scoolant" is missing then thats why you cannot see coolant on the first tool. The reason you see it on the second tool and beyond is because they are called from a different postblock "ptlchg$" or "ptlchg0$". Give that a try ! If in fact "scoolant" is missing then I would insert it right next to the tool callout

pbld, n$, "G43", pfzout, *tlngno$, tloffno$, scoolant, pstagetool, e$

I have same issue first cycle no coolant, so our post guru is looking into it. I hope there's a quick fix out there.

After looking at my post I do have the command "scoolant" in start of file part of the post. Changing the coolant to "before" does not help. It seems to just do it when there is a new type of operation performed. As in if I use a circle mill toolpath and it is third in line to be posted, but the first time I used circle mill in the part it won't turn it on. But, if I have another circle mill toolpath just after the first one it will turn the coolant on. It does this with all the different toolpaths types.

Why does X style coolant have to be so hard to use? I just started using X5 because the first release won't even hold the coolant settings and now this. :angry:

I have flood coolant, air blast, thru spindle coolant, and thru spindle air.

Brian,

How about you upload a Z2G File to the FTP, which will include your MD,CD, and POST, and I can take a better look at this. As you know every post is different and using the post debugger is a great way to identify the issue. What M codes do you need for each of the options you mentioned above ?

what do you mean by how i have them set?

from tool? where to set it? M codes?

Was wondering where you have them set in your post? I have tried both "before" and "with" neither seems to work. I also seen a topic where you were having trouble and you ended up having to change the v9 setting in your defaults file. I have already done that as well.

My coolant works just fine as long as I go to the coolant page and just "view" it, don't change anything, just go to it. I guess I will just have to wait till the next release if it is a bug. Could not use X5 because coolant settings would not stick, now I can't use X5 MU1 because coolant won't come on unless I view the coolant page. I say this based on the information I have been able to gather to this point unless I am missing something. So much for maintenance.

Was wondering where you have them set in your post? I have tried both "before" and "with" neither seems to work. I also seen a topic where you were having trouble and you ended up having to change the v9 setting in your defaults file. I have already done that as well.

i have my coolant turning on right after the spindle turns on

pcan (before)

pcan1 (with)

pcan2 (after)

Do you typically go to the coolant page each time you create a operation?

no, i have found that if my tool is set to "before" it seems to work for me

but it dont happen on all of my MD/CD only some?????

still trying to track it down

cnc should pick one style and go with it, so it can work every time. its just coolant and when X style works it works great. i like it when it works

CNC needs to chime in here. So many problems with coolant.

Tell us what your doing about this. We or our employers ARE paying for this problem that you well know is there. Explain what your doing to fix it or give us a detailed description on how to correct it if possible. This has been going on way to long

the coolant issue is one reason i could not use X5 till MU1 and it still is not a 100%

i use X style it works great(when its not broken) for all the M codes for coolant, air, overhead, etc.

i have it set "from tool" so i can setup all my tools with what coolants i want, so if im running air i can have chip flush on to keep the chips moving out of the machine

i say its time to move away from the old V9 style (since V9 is no longer supported)(i know that will upset some people but time to move on) and move to the X style and get it working this release and future releases every time. i could understand some new feature not working, but coolant????

its starting to get old

sorry for the semi-rant

the coolant issue is one reason i could not use X5 till MU1 and it still is not a 100%

i use X style it works great(when its not broken) for all the M codes for coolant, air, overhead, etc.

i have it set "from tool" so i can setup all my tools with what coolants i want, so if im running air i can have chip flush on to keep the chips moving out of the machine

i say its time to move away from the old V9 style (since V9 is no longer supported)(i know that will upset some people but time to move on) and move to the X style and get it working this release and future releases every time. i could understand some new feature not working, but coolant????

its starting to get old

sorry for the semi-rant

Couldn't agree more, its not like this is a fancy feature or something its just coolant.

By the way I don't consider that a rant, we have been patient long enough. Its time to fix the coolant for good.