Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

delay when opening files in mastercam

I'm running X5 mu1. I'm having issues when I try to open a file in mastercam. I'm having a bit of a delay anytime I try try to open a file. whether it is an stl file or an mcx file or any other type of file mastercam is slow to respond from the time I hit file open to the time the file open window appears. This problem also occurs when posting programs. Once the window appears and I select the file I want to open everything runs smoothly from there. I am not having this problem in any other program I run on my computer. Just in mastercam. Has anyone had this problem and how can I resolve it. thank you in advance.

That seemed to help some. Thank you. I ended up going to the mastercam properties in the control panel and under the user interface changed the file dialog style from mastercam x style to microsoft windows standard and that seems to do the trick. I only have one other issue and that is when I right click in my operations manager there is right much of a delay before my options menu opens. It has not always done this and I can't figure out what is causing this problem.