Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Cell macro serialization

Need some Macro help Boyz.......

We are loading up a tombstone with multiple parts on multiple faces in our Makino Cell.

Each part has an engraved part number but also needs a sequential serial number.

Each face of the tombstone will have multiple parts.

Need to serialize each part on one face then rotate and continue serializing on the next face.

Also need to keep track of sequential numbers each time the pallet goes in...

(we are talking thousands of parts)

Never enough time in the day,, So,,, anyone willing to help out writing such a beast??

Or,, does anybody already do this??

We are willing to pay a reasonable fee...... :rolleyes:

Lay it on me......

Also need to keep track of sequential numbers each time the pallet goes in...

This is the part I haven't seen whipped yet...

had the same issue on a cell...my guess would be that the cell controller will have to handle/control the macro for serial # and the problem is which machine the pallet will be running that adds more complexity to having the cell controller hand off to which machine...and then the machine telling the cell controller where it leaves off each time....

Good Luck

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

This is the part I haven't seen whipped yet...

had the same issue on a cell...my guess would be that the cell controller will have to handle/control the macro for serial # and the problem is which machine the pallet will be running that adds more complexity to having the cell controller hand off to which machine...and then the machine telling the cell controller where it leaves off each time....

Good Luck

ACtually, thinking about this earlier today, if it were my cell, I would give each machine a range of non overlapping serial numbers. When each one ran through the range, I would bump the range for each machine. Then you just store the next serial number in the range as a variable and it always knows where to pick up.

JM2C

ACtually, thinking about this earlier today, if it were my cell, I would give each machine a range of non overlapping serial numbers.

When each one ran through the range, I would bump the range for each machine.

Then you just store the next serial number in the range as a variable and it always knows where to pick up.

JM2C

Exactly what I was thinking.....

Thanks for the help James,, as always,, much appreciated!!! B)

How many digits are you allowed in your s/n? We do this same thing on our Makino cells right now. You can set it up like Jim and James mentions or....

What we do is use the first digit of a s/n as an 'identifier' of what machine it ran in as well. This way, the s/n's can stay consecutive (at the very least 'unique') and this also tells us what machine ran the part for traceability without having to keep a log of any sort (from using the above mentioned method). This "first digit" machine number uses a dedicated variable number at each machine to pull from. The rest of the digits is just a simple macro for the counter and number engraving.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...