Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Machine Definiton Help Needed

dan73

I am new to 5 axis drilling. When I backplot, everything looks great and should work fine. When I post it seems like it maybe revolving around a different axis. Maybe I am misunderstanding the concept, but shouldn't the machine definitions let me change the axis of rotation? Every combination I try, I end up with the same results- absolutely no change in the NC.I did not see any "quick fix" in the post.I have done some postitional milling and drilling on this machine before,but all my features were equally spaced and managed to cheat it a little. I can change MI9 and MI10 and see it change directions,but that is not what I need. My reseller said he could come down help, but I need to get this done yesterday! I am using X5,a 4 axis Horizontal, with a Nikken rotary table (c axis).

5 Axis Post Processors are not setup to read the Machine Definition by default. You must make edits inside the PST file itself to change your output.

Most of our 5 axis Posts are configured to work with Top WCS/Planes. Most of them are also setup (by default) to not output Canned cycles for drilling (you will get long code output).

There is a document available from your Reseller that covers configuring our Generic 5 Axis Post. If you don't already have a copy, please request one from your Reseller.

Hope that helps,

I am using a Generic 5 Axis which I modified quite a bit, but did not touch anything to do with rotation. The code looks exactly like it should other than the compound angles being off. I can cheat by rotating the part in MCX,

but that only works for the first hole.

Our reseller is working on it , but they have to pass it off to another company who doesn't quite get the urgency.Plus I would also like to know for my own benefit. I have requested all documents from our reseller that may help and they are putting them together for us.

While on the subject, I have seen some online training courses for multi-axis. Can anyone recommend any? Or does CNC software endorse any? I have taken our reseller training courses, but I would like to do some at my convenience

(and expense). Thanks

If your up for it, I can try and give you a hand. Post a file, some code as it is coming out now, and some edits like below.

N214 G0 G17 G90 G54 X4.7357 Y-.0004 C64.318 B75.28 S883 M3      	<<<<<<<<<<tell us what they should look like
N216 G43 H07 Z18.4355 M8
N218 M10 (LOCK 
N220 M11 (LOCK C)
N222 G81 G98 Z16.0355 R16.5355 F3.53
N224 M21 (UNLOCK C)
N226 X4.7476 Y0. C68.33
N228 Z16.0354 C111.67 R16.5354                      	<<<<<<<<<<like this
N230 X4.7357 Y.0005 C115.681
N232 G80

Generic Fanuc 5 ax post?