Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

X5 set up student computers

Z3

Question - I have X5mu1 installed on one of my 16 computers at school. Working great, all configs set the way I want / need. I don't have the option of doing an image on the student machines. What files on the working computer can I copy over to the other student computers to make my install process faster. Do I need to do update files on all computers? I hope you can help me out with this one. (I'd like to be sailing rather than configuring computers...)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Do I need to do update files on all computers?

To answer this one yes you need to copy it to every computer. If you look for the "my mcamx5" you will see the config folder. I will have to look when I get to work tomorrow to get the exact file path for XP.

Thanks all for the help...

I finally got things working. Here's how I did it: (This was after migrating necessary files on teacher computer)

*We use Deep Freeze for computer security

1. Copied from working teacher computer \\hssvr\Staff\xxxx.xxxx\my mcamx5 folder This is saved to a place students will have access to on the network. Before they open X5, they save the folder to their network drive. (I found when a student opens X5, a folder my mcamx5 is placed on their network drive. The one they will copy and place there has the config, tool info, etc I want for them.) Once they do that, they're all set for future work.

2. I copied the folder C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\shared mcamx5 from my computer and placed it on all student computers (same location).

The real test is the first day of school - but so far with a few student logins it is working.

***The Chips are flying again..!***